Friday, October 29, 2010

E Oh Ess

It is peculiar that I can have any sense of well being and achievement in that of yet another end of semester (EOS)  has arrived.It is after all just like any other day, but due to some emotional release because of not having any more lectures for the rest of the calendar year is gratifying. These false euphoria of thinking that just beacuse the subject material is over with, I still am perplexed by the shear volume of information and the firehose that academia try to drown me under in called knowledge that my mind and to some extent the fibres within me are yet to digest, comprehend and understand.

So SWOTVAC my friend will you be so kind to provide me the time to ingest those material that were eloquently presented to me, or will you be the demon that will kick and prod me in the head and be sleep deprived. There is some self pressure to obtain 80% for and two of the toughest subjects within the program (DCS & ADSP) which will play a role in determining which honours class I could graduate with.

Speaking of graduating, the annual Griffith School of Engineering Graduands' dinner was absolutely AWESOME. I will say that I felt some pride in the 2010 cohort and very proud of the ECE guys and Tanya for running the dreaded ECE gauntlet. I only knew a dozen of the Civil 2010 cohort, so next year I will endeavour to befriend and expand the 30 or so I know of the 2011 cohort. A big pat on the back to the Kalman Filter signal guy, well deserved and your one up from the click per day MT extraordinaire for ECE Lecturer of the year 2010.Congrats to Dr Orla for receiving ECE Graduand of the year, because your an awesome friend and importantly you make me proud to tread your path.

The lectures are finished, no more, done and dusted. Now I must open the weir of information from the flood plains of material. Hopefully the El Nino of the semester has not dried and baked my mind into a state that will not let revision soak into my Sulci and allow that knowledge to penetrate into my memory and process their meanings; in lieu of what means this? Rote learning was never my forte for me, it is up to me to apply what have been laid bare before me, the jungle path cleared for me to explore. I just need to "Fizzle" up or otherwise it will be a case of "I don't live in Brisbane!".

At the moment the only real words to express the knowledge and information at times I considered toxic for this semester of the five subjects can be summed aptly by Poison.

Every Rose Has Its Thorn

We both lie silently still
in the dead of the night
Although we both lie close together
We feel miles apart inside

Was it something I said or something I did
Did my words not come out right
Though I tried not to hurt you
Though I tried
But I guess that's why they say

1 comment: